We set out on Thursday evening from Troy, New York to Barrington, Rhode Island. From our land home to our water home. We loaded our Dodge Ram full with all the to-do items we needed to finish getting Ocean Phoenix ready for the water. If you have been following us, then you know that she has been on the hard for 3 years now. She was a very successful racer in her day (more on this later) and we are transforming her into a cruiser now.
We had compiled our to-do list for this weekend over the course of a couple weeks. The reason for this last push…OUR LAUNCH DATE!!! We are launching Ocean Phoenix on June 8th. Below is a list that we set out to complete this weekend?
- Renaming our boat… goodbye Who’s yo Daddy, hello Ocean Phoenix. We installed our new vinyl letters, thank you to Ultimate Screen Graphics in Troy, NY
- New bottom paint
- Install new taps in the galley and head
- Install solar panel charging controller
- Troubleshoot propane system
- Remove every item from the boat that is not needed for sailing…down a 14-foot ladder
- Install new through hull for high water bilge alarm/pump
- Drain 3-year-old diesel fuel from the tank
- Finish salon windows with silicone and cleaning
- Spray and clean off the top deck
- Install new mooring cleat
- Installed our new Magma BBQ on our port side stern rail
We got everything done, except for replacing the taps in the head…a 10-minute job we will complete on our next trip. We even took the time to enjoy a beautiful sunset!
Below you will find some pictures of our weekend and all the fun we had working to get here ready for our launch date.